TOM BRADY IS BACK.
I expect the afore written sentence to be the headline of most New England Newspapers after week 5. The Brady-Bellicheck-Gronk destruction rampage will begin in week 5 against the unfortunate Browns who just so happen to find themselves in the crosshairs. Not only will you find Brady at the top QB spot this week in the below rankings, but you will also find one of his favorite targets, GRONK, reclaiming his throne as the best TE in fantasy football.
This is not the only news at the QB position as we find ourselves most likely facing a Cam Newton-less week due to his lingering concussion. The below rankings will help you with all of your concerns and find streaming options for your every injury and bye week need. Week 5 is upon us and if you find yourself at 0-4 or 1-3 a win is much needed to improve your odds of making it to the fantasy playoffs and winning a championship.
- Tom Brady, NE QB at CLE
- Ben Roethlisberger, PIT QB vs. NYJ
- Aaron Rodgers, GB QB vs. NYG
- Andrew Luck, IND QB vs. CHI
- Derek Carr, OAK QB vs. SD
- Carson Wentz, PHI QB at DET
- Philip Rivers, SD QB at OAK
- Joe Flacco, BAL QB vs. WAS
- Eli Manning, NYG QB at GB
- Andy Dalton, CIN QB at DAL
- Trevor Siemian, DEN QB vs. ATL (If Starting)
- James Winston, TB QB at CAR
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, NYJ QB at PIT
- Matthew Stafford, DET QB vs. PHI
- Ryan Tannehill, MIA QB vs. TEN
Tom Brady is back and his tour of league punishment and defense embarrassment begins on Sunday. Not only is Brady back with vengeance, but he gets a dream worthy match up against the porous Browns pass D. Cleveland is allowing 260 passing yards per game and is giving up one of the leagues worst touch down rates at 10 TDs over 4 games. I expect Brady to be … well … Brady this week and throw for over 350 passing yards and 3 TDs.
I have Derek Carr ranked fairly high this week at number 5 overall and I think that he is very deserving of this positioning. Carr has two amazing options at the WR positions in Michael Crabtree and Amari Cooper and although he may not be the most amazing NFL QB he is a great one for fantasy. Carr is facing one of the worst pass defenses in the league in San Diego who has also now lost one of their only bright spots, Jason Verrett. I project Carr to throw for 295 yards and 3 TDs.
- DeMarco Murray, TEN RB at MIA
- Le’Veon Bell, PIT RB vs. NYJ
- Melvin Gordon, SD RB at OAK
- LeSean McCoy, BUF RB at LA
- C.J. Anderson, DEN RB vs. ATL
- Ezekiel Elliott, DAL RB vs. CIN
- Terrence West, BAL RB vs. WAS
- Jordan Howard, CHI RB at IND
- Frank Gore, IND RB vs. CHI
- Jerick McKinnon, MIN RB vs. HOU
- Todd Gurley, LA RB vs. BUF
- DeAndre Washington, OAK RB vs. SD
- Devonta Freeman, ATL RB at DEN
- Eddie Lacy, GB RB vs. NYG
- Jeremy Hill, CIN RB at DAL
In week 4 Terrence West showed that when given the opportunity and touches he can perform as an RB1 against a decent match-up. I know that the promising rookie Kenneth Dixon will be back this week, but I expect him to be eased into the starting line-up. While Dixon is being eased in, I see West continuing to get RB1 touches and performing at a fairly high level against the Redskins defense allowing the 3rd worst rushing yards per game (133 yards) and tied for the most rushing TDs allowed (8 TDs). I project 100 yards and 1 TD for West this week.
DeAndre Washington the rookie running back for the Oakland Raiders will get his turn at the helm of the RB committee this week. Latavius Murray will be out in week 5 and that will open up the offense for Washington. Washington is facing the Chargers who have allowed 7 TDs to runnings backs over the past 4 weeks and I assumer they will allow another this week. I project Washington to prove himself as a quality running back this week getting 80 yards rushing and 1TD.
- Antonio Brown, PIT WR vs NYJ
- A.J. Green, CIN WR at DAL
- Jordy Nelson, GB WR vs. NYG
- Mike Evans, TB WR at CAR
- Brandon Marshall, NYJ WR at PIT
- Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR at GB
- Emmanuel Sanders, DEN WR vs ATL
- Julian Edelman, NE WR at CLE
- Julio Jones, ATL WR at DEN
- Kelvin Benjamin, CAR WR vs. TB
- Amari Cooper, OAK WR vs. SD
- Alshon Jeffrey, CHI WR at IND
- Steve Smith, BAL WR vs. WAS
- T.Y. Hilton, IND WR vs. CHI
- Jordan Matthews, PHI WR at DET
- Travis Benjamin, SD WR at OAK
- Marvin Jones, DET WR vs. PHI
- DeSean Jackson, WAS WR at BAL
- Quincy Enunwa, NYJ WR at PIT
- DeAndre Hopkins, HOU WR at MIN
- Jarvis Landry, MIA WR vs. TEN
- Robert Woods, BUF WR at LA
- Demaryius Thomas, DEN WR vs ATL
- Terrelle Pryor, CLE WR vs. NE
- Stefon Diggs, MIN WR vs. HOU
Mike Evans had a down week 4 against an extremely stingy Broncos defense. I expect a bounce back week for Evans against a Panthers defense that has not looked like themselves since the loss of Josh Norman in the offseason. Mike Evans leads the league in targets this year at 50 over the past 4 weeks. I expect these targets to translate into fantasy production in week 5. I project 120 yards receiving a 1 TD.
Julio Jones is falling very low in my rankings this week mainly due to his match-up against the Broncos who are only allowing 194 yards receiving per game and 2 total TDs for the entire season. I’m not taking this too far as I still have Jones as a top 10 play this week, but I just don’t expect him to finish 1-3 at the position as he normally would. I project 75 yards receiving and 1 TD in week 5.
- Rob Gronkowski, NE TE at CLE
- Jordan Reed, WAS TE at BAL
- Greg Olsen, CAR TE vs. TB
- Delanie Walker, TEN TE at MIA
- Zach Ertz, PHI TE at DET
- Kyle Rudolph, MIN TE vs. HOU
- Dennis Pitta, BAL TE vs. WAS
- Zach Miller, CHI TE at IND
- Jason Witten, DAL TE vs. CIN
- Gary Barnidge, CLE TE vs. NE
- Cameron Brate, TB TE at CAR
- Dwayne Allen, IND TE vs. CHI
Brady back = GRONK back. This is the formula I am using that puts Gronk at the number 1 overall tight end in week 5. I expect that now that Brady is back Gronk will be his normal TD scoring ball spiking self against the Cleveland Browns. Gronk has looked hobbled these past few weeks, but appears to be ramping back up and I think he will have a monster game against the Browns. I project 85 yards receiving and 2 TDs from Gonk in week 5.